Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tasting -" Pascual Toso Sauvignon Blanc 2009

Name: Pascual Toso Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2009 
Alcohol: 14%
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $15 - Sale $6.95

Description: "Light straw green colour with aromas of herbs and lemon. This delightful wine is complex with fruit yet light enough to be enjoyed by itself or can be equally enjoyed with food"
http://www.donnybrookfair.ie/dfcatering/wine/argentina/all/pascual-toso-sauvignon-blanc

My Review: Smell seemed odd, of old shoes and leather car (not new leather) more like worn leather. Again this wine had an excellent mid-palate of lots of freshness from muted citrus undertones and bright finish for me. Really small hint of mint in a weird way, but it is allergy season so my palate could be all kinds of wacky (especially my nose).
 
On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment