Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tasting - "Molly Dooker The Violinist Verdelho 2010"

Name: Molly Dooker the Violinist Verdelho
Variety: Verdelho
Region: McLaren Vale
Country: Australia
Year: 2010 
Alcohol: 15.5% 
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $30 - Sale $11.95

Review: "A blend of 1/3 Adelaide Hills fruit and 2/3 McLaren Vale, the 2010 The Violinist Verdelho gives intense aromas of lemon juice, white pepper, coriander seed and a touch of grapefruit peel. Crisp, rich and very full in the mouth (15.5% declared alcohol), this Verdelho provides a great intensity of spiced citrus flavors with some poached pears and apple slices coming through in the long finish. Delicious now, it should remain fresh and vibrant to 2013. "
90 Points


My Review: Nose had strong hints of apricot, dried fruits. Strong start to the wine, mid palate was clean how I like a great wine as well as the finish was milder than I had expected, I felt as though I couldn't dissect a particular flavor profile that stood out on my palate, it seemed to me the flavors sort of muddled together to much to really give me a specific note of one fruit or any wood or anything for that matter it was kind of upsetting in regards to the nose having such a wonderful first thought.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

  

No comments:

Post a Comment