Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Tasting - " Logos Navarra Rose"

Name: Logos Navarra Rose
Variety: 42% Barrel Fermented Garnacha,
28% Garnacha with no oak, 30% Tempranillo
Region: Navarra
Country: Spain
Year: 2012
Alcohol: N/A
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $18 - Sale $4.95

Description: "Light strawberry with copper tones proceeding from the barrique. Mature red fruits aromas, creamy spicy touch and with a vanilla bottom. Ample in mouth, filling it of fruit flavors of the variety, with a slight touch of good oak. Excellent balance between alcohol and acidity."
 http://www.timelesswines.com/logos-rosado-navarra-2012/

My Review: Sharp on the nose, extremely mild flavor compared to previous rose's I've tried in the past (which most have been sweeter side of things) Lots of floral notes on the nose as well as the mid-palate. I didn't think the finish held up to the first taste of the wine, but I guess that is how it goes. I honestly didn't get a very good or bad impression of the wine, it simply left me with a "forgettable" attitude towards it.


On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food 


P.S. Keep in mind during this weeks tasting there was a selection of 30 different wines to choose from, and the five I choose were simply based on price as well as grape variation. The above description of the wine is off a website in which I found a good amount of information about the wine that the "selection sheet" we were given did not offer. Thanks for being understanding about these next four wines as well!! :) 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment