Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting- "Rosemount Estate Moscato"

Name: Rosemount Estate Moscato
Variety: Muscat
Region: South Eastern
Country: Australia
Year: 2012 (Not 100% though) 
Alcohol: N/A
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $12 - Sale $3.95

Review: "Clear, medium-lemon yellow in appearance; lovely citrus and honeysuckle aromas with lemon, honeysuckle, apple, and ripe yellow plum flavours. Serve chilled with angel food cake or fresh fruit and mild cheeses."

My Review: The nose smelled extremely sweet like pure syrup, but upon the taste the flavor profile was extremely mild, fruity, obviously semi sweet because it is in the class with Moscato wines. The body was actually fuller for me than most other moscato's I've tasted in the other past. I liked this wine very much because it wasn't over-ally sweet. I must say if I would have realized how inexpensive this wine was I would have picked up a couple bottles, but instead stuck with a classic favorite by Canyon Road, their Pinot Noir we tasted weeks back.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment