Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting - "Yealands Estate Sauvignon Blanc Seaview Vineyard"

Name: Yealands Estate Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Seaview Vineyard
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2013
Alcohol: 13%
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly - $21 Sale $7.95

Review:
"This aromatic wine shows lifted flavours of blackcurrant with underlying notes of wet stone and thyme. The palate is elegant yet full with sufficient weight and texture, balanced by a flinty minerality. This wine is a fantastic match with foods such as cheese salad, poultry dishes and a wide range of seafood dishes including freshly shucked natural oysters, prawns, green lip mussels and creamy scallops."

My Review: The nose had an extremely aromatic scent, very fresh smelling, almost of raspberries, or something brighter like pineapple, but I do want to stress that my allergies have been bothering me so my nose has been kind of off lately. So keep in mind when taking my review into consideration. The taste had very clean palate as well as that fresh note that I love about a good white wine. It did have a little heat on the end of it from the high content of alcohol which kinda shocked me because I thought the freshness from the beginning would have rounded out throughout the palate but the ending had too much heat for me. All in all I thought this was a great basic wine in my opinion, could be a staple for a lot of people in my eyes.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

 

No comments:

Post a Comment