Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting - "Angove Nine Vines Viognier"

Name: Angove "Nine Vines" Viognier
Variety: Viognier
Region: Riverland
Country: South Australia
Year: 2008 (Not 100% though) 
Alcohol: 14.5%
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $15 - Sale $5.95

Review: "Bright light straw in colour with some green hues, this wine has a lush ripe tropical fruit aroma. This is a fuller bodied white which fills the mouth with heady flavours of apricot, peach and citrus. Angove Nine Vines Viognier is perfect for today's relaxed life-style and is the ideal accompaniment to grilled prawns with chilli and garlic and garlic or roast pork."

My Review: Had a very tropical nose/acidic to me, I was hoping to taste quite a bit of fruit on the first taste but it was milder than I first expected. It also had a grassy nose about it, but no grassy palate for me. This alike the Yealands Estate Sauvignon Blanc had a fresh palate, cleansing in a way. It was good all around, not to much heat, not too bold but just a good balance between the fruitier/mellow flavors.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment