Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tasting - "Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico"

Name: Librandi Ciro Rosso Classico
Variety: Gaglioppo
Region: Ciro
Country: Italy
Year: 2012 (Not 100% though) 
Alcohol: N/A
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $14 - Sale $7.95

Review: "Don't let the pale garnet color fool you: this is substantial wine. Aromas of red fruits and spice complement undertones of cranberries, wild berries, and plums. On the palate, ripe tannins and good body make for an incredibly rich, yet easy going red wine. Pair this wine with sausage, spicy curry, hot soppressata, and tandoori chicken."

My Review: " A LOT of cherry notes as well as hints of blackberry on the nose. It had quite a peppery palate in my opinion. I don't mind hints of pepper, but I felt this was a heavy handed version. I feel though this would be a good pairing with a simple beef/potato dish. Nothing over the top about this wine, but it had some interesting notes throughout the tasting. I do disagree that I don't think this wine would pair with even spicier foods because I feel as though that would be a palate overload.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food



No comments:

Post a Comment