Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tasting - "R Wines Eco.Love Riseling"

Name: R Wines Eco.Love Riesling
Variety: Muscat
Region: South Island
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Alcohol: N/A
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $18 -- Sale $7.95

Review: "Our South Island Riesling has a range and combination of flavors unlike any other. These flavors unlike any other. These flavors span citrus, root ginger, white peach, spices and florals. Eco.Love Riesling is made in balance to an off-dry style. Food Pairing: Asian Fusion, Seafood, Curry, and anything spicy."

My Review: Oddly, when I first put my nose to the glass it surprised me how much the wine smelled like feet. At first I was like NO way I must be getting a whiff of something else but NOPE it was the wine. The good thing was the taste was not too sweet, which is kinda nice change from the "norm." It did have a chemical after taste which wasn't too pleasant and I think it was because not only did the nose smell like feet, but also like furniture varnish, which I think my mind led me to that flavor profile. Would not purchase or recommend.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment