Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tasting - "Protocolo Vino de la Tierra de Castilla"

Name: Protocolo Vino de la Tierra de Castilla
Variety: Mostly Airen with a tad of Macabeo
Region: Castilla-la Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Alcohol: N/A
Vintage Cellar Price: Sale $6.95

Review: "Mostly Airen with a little bit of Macabeo. Greenish gold. Subtle aromas of mint, lemon and orange, with a hint of honeysuckle. Dry, understated and focused, offering clean citrus and melon flavors and slow-building sweetness. Finishes dry and brisk, with an echo of lemon. As usual. this is an outstanding value."

My Review: Apples and honey came through very clearly in the nose. The flavor profile for me was timid and very underwhelming compared to the aroma it opened with. I was hoping for a more bitter yet even more a crisp note but for me it fell quite flat. I thought it was a lot bolder in the nose and had a disappointing after effect once I tasted it. I think this wine would go well with a very light fruit salad of some kind maybe that will open up more on the pallet than tasting it by itself, definitely not  wine that can hold up to bold foods. Not worth purchasing in my eyes.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment