Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tasting - "Peter Lehmann Chardonnay"

Name: Peter Lehmann Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Barossa Valley
Country: Australia
Year: 2010
Alcohol: 12%
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $20 -- Sale $9.95

Review: "The 2010 Chardonnay presents subtle notes of spiced apple slices and ripe peaches with hints of freshly baked bread and melon. Light bodied, clean and refreshingly crisp in the mouth, it offers just enough apple and pear flavor concentration, finishing with medium-long persistence. Drink it now to 2014."

My Review: Ripened/old peaches came through pungently on the nose with a subtle smokey whiff. Definitely a lot of smokey flavor came out on the mid-pallet for me, with a typical oaky but mild finish. I didn't find this wine as refreshing as the previous review had me hoping for. It again seemed like such a shy/too subtle kind of product. I was hoping for a crisp or either creamy note at the end, it honestly didn't have a very good after taste for me, but I guess I would say the finish was longer than normal, even though I didn't care for the wine at all.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment