Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Tasting - "Entrada Malbec"

Name: Entrada Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Santa Cruz
Country: Chile
Year: 2011
Alcohol: N/A
Vintage Cellar Price: Sale $5.95

Review: "Firm and structured, this is a solid wine, laced with mineral acidity and tight tannins. It has a juicy, blackberry fruit component cutting through the texture."

My Review: A very smokey nose so I was leery to begin with, and I had the right to be. The wine tasted like a bonfire that was roasting a bunch of berries in my mouth. The most unpleasant and totally unbalance wine in my opinion. The taste of smoke was completely overpowering to just about every flavor except for the smoke was laced with a bunch of fruit like I said before. This wine is nothing that the reviewer described in my opinion and would not want to ever put this in my mouth ever again. Beh.

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment