Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tasting - "Canyon Road Pinot Noir"

Name: Canyon Road Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: United States of America
Year: 2010
Alcohol: 13%
Vintage Cellar Price: Regularly $6.95

Review: "Rich, fruit forward cherry flavors, soft tannins, a medium body and a smooth velvety finish. Pairs well with creamy soups, salmon, and savory pork dishes."

My Review: To me the nose of this Pinot Noir was very strong in cherry with hints of vanilla. I thought it had a good body, not to bold but full enough to give a strong sense of the true product/passion that went into the wine. Upon tasting the different flavors I felt there were quite a few smokey hints throughout but not too much, not dry which was nice and it finished really smooth which I loved. I would have definitely purchased this wine, but unfortunately they ran out of it by the time I reached the tasting. I guess it was so good that everyone bought it all up or they just didn't have the supply in stock (which is irritating to taste a wine and not be able to purchase) HIGHLY recommend for newly introduced red wine drinkers like me!

On this occasion I tasted this wine on its own without food

No comments:

Post a Comment